Innovative SEO : Learn & Share All About Inbound Marketing
Ok, so today’s blog post is about LinkedIn change for short URL. I am sure, by now, you all are aware about the new LinkedIn policy updates related to LinkedIn groups & new changes to your linkedIn profile. But, I am prety sure that you might have missed this very important change of LinkedIn.
LinkedIn update on Short URL
Recently, I have observed that, Updated LinkedIn profile do not support few URL shorteners like bit.ly. Many of the links where URL shorten were used (specifically with bit.ly free version) are getting broken & landing to error pages. However if you are still using an old profile, you might not have noticed this but with the new profile its giving error.
Possible Issues :
- Your earlier links shared with bit.ly might get broken (please cross check- its advisable)
- tinyurl seems working so far but it may hit just like bit.ly
- If you are using LinkedIn mainly for marketing then this is alarming as you might need new strategy to share your long URLs.
- One quick possible reason which I figured out is, there are few spamming techniques identified by LinkedIn where these URL shortner method used.
- Even Google identified some suspicious activity with bit.ly (check this link)
Possible Solutions :
- Prefer Long URL – if possible
- Create custom URL shortner (In case if URLs are too long)
- Temporary solution – tinyurl is still working perfect, so you can use this (till its get hit)
Well, that’s all from my end. Its now your turn to do hit & trial. Awaiting for your responses & any alternative solution if you can suggest here for this issue.
Keep clicking, Keep sharing