Innovative SEO : Learn & Share All About Inbound Marketing
As promised, here I am with one more interesting topic – How Artificial Intelligence will effect the Digital Marketing & Career path in Digital Marketing. I believe this is something we as digital marketers are more interested to discuss & want to know about.
I will try to share my thoughts on this topic by covering different aspects/areas where we work in our professional life as digital marketer which I think will make it more easy to understand & relate to. I believe that AI is & will effect digital marketing starting from SEO, Paid advertisement, Email Marketing, Landing Page optimization, Content Creation to Conversion Optimization.
Marketing Automation Tool
To start with, we are not talking about any futuristic prediction here but at what level AI is already into Digital Marketing – a very simple example is Marketing Automation Tools (Eloqua, Hubspot & many more). Just try to recollect your memories 5 years back – Did you ever imagined that there will be system who can do all the automation for you during US hours ? Have you ever imagined that there will be Online Reputation management tool which can identify the user response (happy/complaint/suggestion etc) & respond back with automated content ? and we can see this today in 2017 that its a norm.
A few years ago firms use to hire a team of digital marketers to promote their business. The major tasks they were doing includes website analysis, customer analysis, keyword ranking, off page submissions, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, cold calling, customer feedback handling etc.
Now to perform these tasks companies doesn’t hire a team, they hire an experienced digital marketing person to perform all these tasks by using automation tools, marketing cloud offering wide range of tools to perform these task in less time with more accuracy. AI machine increases the efficiency of the marketing work by reducing the human efforts.
Oh, have you heard from your fellow members complaining that its difficult to find JOB READY candidate as even 3-5 years experience candidates also still doing directory submission ? We need to keep a check what are we doing 🙂
How to prepare for the future :
- Adopting to learn how to use marketing automation tool
- How to effectively optimize the automation process (for ex, setting automated campaigns to deliver emails who have not opened, opened but not clicked and so on)
- Be on the top of the game by knowing which tool is best at what (Not all tools are same, for example, Oracle’s Eloqua is suitable to large enterprises where as Hubspot works good even for SMBs – so thats where your human expertise needed & valued)
Adwords & other Paid Marketing Channels:
Avinash Kaushik, beautifully explained his recent post that, “With smart creative, smart bidding, and smart targeting there is no need for any human to touch AdWords or soon a whole lot of your Display campaigns. The results of Data Driven Attribution modeling, which use data from all digital campaigns, can now be directly plugged into AdWords which means without any reporting/analysis the platform will automatically optimize for the highest profit for your business – with no human involvement. This is not the future, it is Nov 2017.”
I hope you have tried CPA campaigns already in Adwords 🙂
Oh and how can we not mention about AdNetworks & programmatic ad buying ? Sounds familiar right ? Can you still remember 2010 where you call up your AdNetwork partner to suggest you websites & negotiate to buy clicks/impression & then try to relate it with your client & so on back in 2010 – Boom – 1 week man hours work now done in 1 hour with more accuracy & more relevant results.
How to prepare for the future :
- Shift focus from keywords & bidding to Strategize your adwords campaign. Optimize for Re-marketing with targeted audience for specific timezone which can help you further optimize your CPA.
- Optimize for acquisition (it may possible that few products/services get more leads but lead to closure ratio is less – thats where human expertise/knowledge/skill needed to take a decision) to increased the ROI.
- Gain expertise on how adnetworks work & how the click-fraud happens. Again, ROI decisions made by human & not the AI. Be a champion of what earns your profit.
Normally, we try to find answers for,
- How can I make sense of all this data I have on our campaigns?
- Which customer would like a particular product?
- How can I personalize the user experience and make it ‘sticky’?
Well, I hope you have heard of Intelligence in Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Optimize – Do I need to add more ? Everything is available & on demand without much human intervention.